Beach Cities Challenge 2018 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » GoRunaMuck » Runners
Average_Jbob Original
Average_Jbob May 25
Next up is the LAST STOP for the 2018 Beach Cities Challenge, Long Beach!  Who of you out there are going to be running the Half Marathon?  ME!  I know I'm excited to get my hands on the Golden McShark Trophy!  Looks like its out of a Happy Meal, but with 2 down and 1 left to go, it's looking better all the time!  :)

I'm hoping to get a new PR on this course with a Sub 2HR time. . .anyone else looking to PR?  What time do you hope to get?

Share:
SirDirk Original
SirDirk May 27
I Got that Golden Shark Trophy on this last OC Half Marathon I did.  I am doing the Beach Cities Challenges again next year.  I have completed this challenge twice now, Long Beach will be the start of my third round giving me "Legacy".  After that I think I will be done with this one and moving on to the next challenge. 

On this last OC Half I PR by 15 minutes !!!  on one of these next three I hope to hit that 2hr completion time!!! Big goal for me as I normally finish around 2h 35m-ish. 

Average_Jbob Original
Average_Jbob May 28
Great goal to shave off around 35 minutes!  You can do it though. . .aim for Surf City or Long Beach!  OC has a lot of hills!  :)

I wonder what the Beach Cities Challenge medal will be for 2019?  I'll get my shark at Long Beach this year, and I'm planning on repeating the Challenge again in 2019 for my Legacy on all 3 venues. . .we'll see after that!  :)

fleet_footed_Asian Original
I am also looking forward to obtaining the McShark medal at the Long Beach Half. As for continuing the Legacy races, we'll see. It had better be a damned good medal for 2019.
Average_Jbob Original
Average_Jbob Jun 2
I'm really curious to see what the 2019 medal is.  I'm hoping for some sweet Legacy Swag myself. . .none of this Ugly Sweater stuff!
fleet_footed_Asian Original
I have to say that the swag for the Surf City and the OC Half have been decent stuff. The Surf City was a nice long sleeve shirt and the OC Half was a backpack type cooler. The Long Beach Half has to come through with something to top the backpack cooler thing from the OC Half. 
johnnyquick
johnnyquick Jun 21
Congratulation for your achieved goals, I hope you do great in the next challenges.

I am still preparing myself and I would love to assist some challenges next year.

Good luck!
Average_Jbob Original
Average_Jbob Jun 21
@johnnyquick, glad to have you around!  Whenever you feel up to joining us in any of our challenges or events you will be more than welcome!
johnnyquick
johnnyquick Jun 22
Thanks! I hope that day be soon, running with all likeminded people and enjoying the awesome landscape would be a great experience.
This topic is sticky